Monday, March 7, 2011

CREAMY DREAMY PEANUT BUTTER PIE!



This is what we woke up to this morning in upstate New York (and here in the Adirondacks, some of us got over two FEET over the last 24 hours!):


But here's where my mind is right now:



That's right--in a pretty, warm and sunny place with blue, blue skies and flowers and green lawns. This photo was taken of me a few years back, in the gardens of my girlhood. My dad is STILL quite the master gardener-- that's who I inherited my gardening passion from. ANYWAYS, I know warmer times are on the way, but I'm just feeling a little impatient today. Because I really really want to be outside, walking off the big hunk of Peanut Butter Pie that I inhaled last night!

Hey, SPEAKING of Peanut Butter Pie--boy oh boy do I have one killer of a recipe for you today! One thing I need to point out, though, before we go any further: whoever eats this pie MUST love peanut butter--because it's really peanut-buttery! And light and fluffy, yet amazingly rich. I could go on and on and on.....but here's how to put it together. First, make the crust out of chocolate cookie crumbs (I used Chocolate Teddy Grahams), butter and sugar--press it into your pie dish, bake, and let cool completely:






Then, in your mixer combine cream cheese, creamy peanut butter, sugar, a little butter, and vanilla:



With your wire attachment, whip that whipping cream into a frenzy (gotta love this action shot!):



Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, then spread over your cookie crust, like so:





Chill for at least 3-4 hours, then serve. I garnished mine with little drizzles of chocolate syrup--I am telling you, this pie is DA BOMB! Enjoy!



CREAMY, DREAMY PEANUT BUTTER PIE
Serves 8

Crust:

1 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 (1/2 stick) cup melted butter

Filling:

1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tblsp. softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup heavy cream, whipped

For the crust, mix all crust ingredients and press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely.

For the filling, beat first 5 filling ingredients together. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cookie crust. Chill until firm.

TOP THREE THINGS I'M GRATEFUL FOR TODAY:

1. I'm grateful that my parents are meeting Big Daddy and I  in Viva Las Vegas next month. My dad needs to teach Big Daddy to play Blackjack, and win!
2. I'm grateful that my silly dog loves to walk in the deep and fluffy snow--he makes me happy, because his live-in-the-moment joy is so contagious!
3. I'm grateful for the delicious Sunday dinner we had last night--a pan roasted chicken with little red potatoes and green beans--cooked all in one dish! Recipe to come in a few days.......

4 comments:

  1. Who is that adorable child in the top of this blog? She looks familiar........ She wasn't always as sweet as she looks though, she is a Leo and a redhead, whachagonnado.
    The recipe is too too decadent, but I will probably make it anyhow. Because peanut butter is my life. And chocolate. Don't fret, Leslie, spring is on the way! Love you, M.O.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay HOW cute of a little girl were you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Leslie :)

    Mmmm..this looks scrumptious! I shall have to try it. Do not feel bad about eating (or inhaling) a big chunk of the PB pie...I made cupcakes yesterday..and ate THREE of them!!!

    I just love your "great-full's" list :)

    Wishing you a lovely day (stay warm)
    :)Doreen

    ReplyDelete