Sunday, October 30, 2011

BOO! SOME TREATS (NEVER TRICKS!) FOR YOU, MY SWEETS........


........and if you're reading my sweet little blog, well, I really do LOVE YOU! I hope you know that. Here's to a wicked (that's how they say "super", here in the Northeast) fun Halloween, full of candy and costumes and sweet little kids knocking on your door!

I have always loved Halloween--just ask my Mom. But here's the thing--I've always loved the innocent, childlike side of Halloween, like this..............



And I've never, ever liked the gory, scary side of the day--you know, like this.....



I mean SHEESH, isn't this world scary enough, as it is?

***********

Here's a treat for you....I mean to print this out and tack it to my bulletin board, STAT--a friend sent this to me on Facebook recently.............



(I blew that one up extra large, just for you, in case you are as blind as I am. And just so you know, I LOVE my blindness, because it's all part of my imperfect self!).

**************

Boo! One more treat for you......and I just made this recipe up, all by myself! So, what do you do with your pumpkin seeds every year, after you've carved your pumpkin?..............



Me, I've always liked them tossed with a little bit of oil, then sprinkled with some salt and maybe garlic powder, then roasted. So easy, and Little Miss Thing could always plan on finding a little bag of them in her lunchbox on Halloween day, each and every year.

This year, I decided that I wanted them sweet, instead of savory, so I made up this little recipe, but I didn't write anything down, so I'm going to guess-timate with amounts. It seems that everything I love this time of year has some of this stuff in it, so I started here.......



If you don't have pumpkin pie spice (for SHAME!), you could always make your own with cinnamon, cloves and some allspice. Anyways, I mixed about a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice with about 4 tablespoons of white sugar and about a half a stick of melted butter, then tossed in all of my pumpkin seeds that had been washed and dried, about 2 and 1 / 2 cups. Spread them on a parchment lined (I used a silicone liner) baking sheet....................



Roast for about 45 minutes to an hour in a 300 degree oven (I stirred mine every 20 minutes), or until golden brown and crunchy. Let cool on baking sheet--they will stick together a little bit because of the sugar, but are easy to break apart with a spatula.

I tell you what, these came out so delicious--I think I've created a new Halloween tradition in our home! I hope you like them as much as we do...........



HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU, DEAR FRIEND!

TODAY I'M SO THANKFUL FOR......

***Pumpkin Pie Spice!

***My wonderful friends....I don't know what I'd do without you!

***Flannel sheets for our ccccooold nights lately! I've been so snuggly and warm, it's been hard to get out of bed in the mornings......

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, when I saw the pumpkin seeds, I had to smile. I "JUST" made mine! Happy Halloween, in the very sweetest way.

    ReplyDelete