Sunday, December 12, 2010

Persnickety!

Finished up most of my holiday shopping yesterday, and the crowds were horrific! But before I hit the jam-packed big box stores in Utica, I stopped by a nearby town, called Boonville. The name of Boonville just cracks me up, for some reason, but Boonville really has a sweet little old downtown, complete with a classic town square and gazebo. My favorite reason to visit the town is a shop I've been frequenting since we moved here, back in 2004.

Persnickety--a gem of a shop, located in what I believe is an old bank building, right on Main Street in downtown Boonville. Most of their merchandise is country primitive, which I adore, but they also carry a nice selection of Adirondack style giftware. And here's something really fantastic: the owner, Sue, tells me that their Rome, NY location is going to be featured in the March edition of Country Sampler magazine! I look forward to this issue every year, as it is their tour of homes across America. The Rome store is actually set up like a real country home, and is just adorable. Anyways, here's a little tour of Sue's Boonville store, all decked out for the holidays:



Of course, I couldn't leave Persnickety without buying something, now could I? Doing my very best to stimulate the economy, I am. We needed another one of their faux Christmas trees for our living room--this one is the tallest in my collection, standing over 5" tall:



And I also picked up these DARLIIINNNGGG primitive candy cane ornaments, and a grubby little string of lights for the tree. I believe I picked up the gingerbread man ornaments at Persnickety last year:



I know this little tree looks a tad bare still; I have big plans to handmake some cute little felt/burlap/button ornatments in the next few days--stay posted!

I spent my day today (rainy and icy and just YUCKY outside) making the most delicious oatmeal, cranberry, dried apricot and pecan cookies......come and see me in a few days for the recipe!




No comments:

Post a Comment