Saturday, December 24, 2011

COOKIE-PALOOZA 2011, AND MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS PRESENT!



First things first........

There's been a lot of changing up of hair-doos going on around here recently....first up, Mr. B.A. is growing a beard, and I think it's damned sexy.....(I think he's just cold, due to his receeding hairline).....


 Little Miss Thing stole my car the other day (we sold hers this Fall), and she and her Besties Jenny and Allison went down to the "big city" to do some shopping (Not NYC, but Utica!). Then my little darling went to our hair salon and did something really brave, because she's feeling pretty brave these days, going off to Europe all on her own and everything....check out this sweet haircut!............





She loves it, and we love it....I think it really shows off her pretty eyes....here's a "before", when her hair was moderately long.....



And another "after" (by the way, she donated her super-thick, chopped off hair to Locks Of Love).......



Tres chic! Doncha think?

*********

So, yesterday I received the best Christmas present of all....a house FULL of happy, laughing college students! I think I was supposed to have about 12 children....this empty nest stuff is for the BIRDS, I tell you..................



If you've followed this blog for awhile, you know I've been baking for weeks and weeks for our annual Cookie Party--these kids seriously look forward to it every single year!

Why? Because there's nothing that college students love more than SUGAR (well, besides beer)....too bad they didn't have enough to eat!......


Mugs lined up for homemade Hot Chocolate, with candy canes for swizzling.....



Remember Laura Bush's Texas Cowboy Cookies, Sweet and Salty Caramel Rolls and Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Mocha Cream from earlier December posts? Oh, and of course Leslie B's Best Ever Gingersnaps.........




The kids had so much fun watching a funny movie and catching up with one another......







Seeing all of these boots and shoes in our entryway just makes my heart happy.....


Don't you think I should ask them all to just drop out of college, so I can have them around our little town for my daily amusement?

I really don't think that's an unreasonable request.........



***********

I'll be taking a short break from blogging, probably until sometime in early January, when I get my house all cleaned up and organized (ha ha--dream on!) for 2012....and SPEAKING of 2012, I think it's going to be a fantastic year....I have some wonderful trips planned, so of course you'll be coming along for the ride!

I must confess I'm happy to see 2011 go....it hasn't been my best year ever, probably due mostly to my stupid, on-going health issues. BUT hey, ever the optimist, I have high hopes for my future!

I would like wish all of my bloggie friends a very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy Hannukah, and I will see you all, back here, next year!!!

All my love,

Leslie XXX000

3 comments:

  1. What a crowd of wonderful fun! And all those yummies! Merry, merry to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your Christmas will be very merry Leslie! I love your blog and sense of humor. The very best to you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Red! So fun to have all those kids around! You make a house a home! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete